Today I ran…ZOOMA Great Lakes

5th November 2012, By: dimity, Tags: , , ,

As many of you know, Sarah and I have been ZOOMA fanatics for the past three years. Brae Blackley, the founder, was generous enough to give us a table at the ZOOMA Texas race in 2010, just a week or so after Run Like a Mother was launched…and her continued support helped launch us into the race-expo-speaking duo we are now. To say we are extremely grateful doesn’t even begin to cover it.

2013 is bringing lots of new things for us both: ZOOMA is headed to Amelia Island, for one, and we are still planning where we’ll be. So this may be my last shot at a ZOOMA video where I pretend I’m Sofia Coppola. It’s total DIY, but I love doing it. Enjoy. (Oh, and please go vote.)

Tags: , , ,

17 Responses to Today I ran…ZOOMA Great Lakes

1. Sue says:

Oh – that was wonderful and just what I needed as I settle down for a long night of watching returns….now there is no way I’m not getting on the treadmill in the morning – no matter how late it gets!

2. Paula S. says:

I totally loved this! I’ve never heard of ZOOMA,but now I want to do it! I wonder how long it takes to drive from Denver to Austin? I just might have to do this – would be a fun family vacation! Thanks so much for sharing.

• dimity says:

That’s a long drive, Paula, but it’s a great race…and Lost Hyatt Pines is a great place to spend some time with the fam at.

3. Barb Ferrell/ RanaMama says:

Love this video. Can’t wait until Zoomz Amelia Island, FL.

4. Maggie says:

Great video of the Zooma race in my hometown!

5. Angela says:

Hey, is Zooma ever going to do an event in the NW?

• dimity says:

Hey Angela…probably not in 2013, but I know they’re constantly scoping out more opportunities rich in female runners–which totally describes the Pac NW.

6. Joyce Stath says:

I LOVE this video! Women run for such a variety of reasons, all of which motivate us to push harder. I would like to know about Zooma; I have never heard of these races. I recently posed the question “How has running changed your life?” on a local Facebook page for runners. It is a pretty deep question, and I got some great responses. I would love to hear more so that I can use them in an upcoming blog. Email me at joycestath@gmail.com. Sarah and Dimity, thanks so much for your inspiration, your ability to laugh at yourselves, and your dedication to women’s running!

7. Lisa says:

Love these videos! I still picture the women in my head from Nike every time I hear Sara Bareillies’ King of Anything.

8. bobbi says:

It was awesome meeting you! Love this :)

9. Judy Q says:

I just ran my first half marathon Saturday (RockNRoll Savannah) and will continue training for the ZOOMA Amelia Island Florida in January!

10. Dara Bentley says:

Love! Today I ran to prove to myself that yes, I can get out of bed and run at 5am!! I hope to run in the Cape Cod Zooma. Will you ladies be there? I would love to meet you!

• dimity says:

Hey Dara…we’re still planning our 2013. Cape Cod is a haul from our respective hometowns, but that doesn’t mean we won’t make it…stay tuned.