Winner of Saucony Spring Outfit, and Portland Solidarity Run

19th April 2013, By: SBS,
2013 Boston finishers standing strong

2013 Boston finishers standing strong

In times of crisis, strength can be gained from being with others–whether online, like we all have been this week on our Facebook page and this website, or in person. So Wednesday evening, after dropping off my 7-year-old son at a baseball game, my running partner Molly, her older daughter, and I headed to the east bank of the Willamette River for a group run, organized by the Portland Triathlon Club to show support for Boston. Here are some iPhone images from the life-affirming event.

A sea of runners crossing the aptly named Steel Bridge, plus a 4-legged participant, and Molly and her daughter.

Best line of the evening, from the organizers before the run: “You may shake us, but you’ll never break us.”

Signs along the 2.9-mile route

Signs along the 2.9-mile route

Another bright spot in the week? Getting to bestow an adorable, hard-working Saucony running outfit on one gal. For telling us the flower that stops her in her tracks, she’ll get a Transcendence Jacket, ideal for capricious spring weather that is sunny one moment, blustery the next. Underneath, she’ll be sporting a Run Lux Short Sleeve shirt, adding comfort and color to any run. Finally, a pair of Ignite Tight Capri–warm enough to keep chill (and chafing) at bay, yet not stifling like full-length pants.

A trio of Saucony running goodness

A trio of Saucony running goodness

The winner is:
Angela: “Lilacs! They’re already in bloom here in Southern California and I love their scent!”

Angela, please email us at runmother [at] gmail [dot] com, letting us know what size top and botton you wear and your full name and mailing address. Everyone else, go on a group run or a run with a friend. We all need some extra human interaction this week. XO

9 Responses to Winner of Saucony Spring Outfit, and Portland Solidarity Run

1. Amie says:

each time i used to read smaller posts which as well clear their motive, and that is also happening
    with this post which I am reading at this place.

Visit my website abbottylqx.edublogs.org (Amie)

2. Marisa says:

I thought my running tribe was being so creative. We organized a similiar event for tomorrow in our little town of Sudbury, just 25 miles west on Boston. It is amazing to see how running communities are coming together. As if i needed another reason to run strong! I do it for Boston!

3. My girlfriend and I ran 10 miles this morning to honor Boston!!

4. Melanee B says:

I loved this post! I wish I could have been there. I live in Seaside and came to Portland just last weekend for the Race for the Roses Half Marathon. Loved seeing pictures of everyone running over the Steel Bridge again…this time with a very different goal in mind!

5. Love you guys out there on the left coast! Thanks from Boston; we’re so grateful for all the love!

6. Megan5 says:

I am so proud of you all! CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! You mothers ROCK!

7. Kristin says:

Made sure to give eye contact and a “good morning” to everyone I passed on the trail this morning on my long run. Love the photo of the runners on the bridge! I was in Portland for work a few weeks ago and did a few miles on that same trail. Thanks for the uplifting posts this week…I needed them!

8. Freedom Green says:

Great post! Nice to see all those Boston mother runners on your post. So happy they are all safe. You always have the coolest runs. If my family ever needs to move….I know we’re we Willie to . Wow, you seem to have such community- strong. I’m doing a fun for Boston tomorrow in Baltimore, MD. I can ‘t wait. Sending out more thoughts & love to all those Boston mother runners & their family.

9. Cyndie says:

So proud to be an Oregonian, and was overcome with emotion looking at pictures from the Solidarity Run. Love the Portland running community!