While we know you love the Another Mother Runner blog (and, like Bartles and Jaynes, we appreciate your support), sometimes it's nice to read about our favorite pastime in another place and in another voice. You are welcome to pick your voice. Kermit the Frog is a strong choice, as is Mickey Mouse.
We'll be here all week. Tip your waitress, folks. Try the veal.
And now, the links:
- Our own Miss Zippy wrote about the importance of being physically flexible if you're a runner. Turns out that being able to touch your toes might not be as useful as we've been taught.
- "In through your nose and out through your mouth" and other great advice from cross country coaches.
- While he's not a mother he is a runner returning to the sport. And he's made an interesting bet with his buddies to help keep him honest. Maybe he can get a bulk deal on tattoos?
- Angela Shartel didn't start her adult life with a burning desire to run ultra marathons. In fact, as this short film on her explains, she started running for the reasons so many of us have: we just weren't happy with how we felt. Angela just kept running after that first 5K, though.
- Finally, speaking of running films, the Barkley Marathons will be rolling around again in April. If you don't know about 'em, you really should, even if you have no desire at all to take on 100+ miles over, under, and through the wilds of Tennessee. You might want to stock up on GU and NUUN just to watch the documentary.
If you missed our first installment of fresh, hot links, click here.
So are you ready to take on the Barkley? Did you run a 5K after a bet with your girlfriends? What have you been enjoying lately out on the web?