When God was handing out body parts, Dimity and I both must have dilly-dallied in the Height line, thus coming up short in the Breast one. Or, put another way: We are not big-boobed gals. While we can't exactly relate to the literal pain some women runners feel when they go running--bounce, bounce, BOUNCE--we do value a well-designed, high-quality sports bra. After breastfeeding our respective bambinos, our chests need love and kindness in return. Features like well-placed (or non-existant) seams, padding (we hate high beams!), dependable support (ban any bounce), and fabric that wicks like there's no tomorrow.
Through our years of running, we've come to count on Champion sports bras to deliver the goods. When I pull a Compression Vented Sports Bra, which Jessie gamely modeled, over my head before the crack o' dawn, I know it's going to keep my just-about-a-handful breasts securely in place. Its breathable mesh lining moves sweat away from my body. And the array of bright colors brightens my morning, even though it's still pitch-black out.
Today, we've got five Champion sports bras to give away; the random winners can pick the style that fits her chest the best.
But in order to enter, we want to know this: who is the biggest supporter of your running? (Support...get it?) Spouse or beau? Kids? Parents? Friend? Trainer or coach? Weight Watchers counselor? Give them props, and your chest could get a lift.
One more time: Who's your #1 running fan?
Six winners of the Isis Henna Hipsters--and their commando preferences--are
1. Megan A: Depends on the pants or shorts. If they have a boy short or lining – commando. For winter running pants, no commando.
2. Lauren M.: I always wear them except when I wear my running shorts or skirts with the built in brief.
3. Rachel: Nay. I switched to commando a couple of years ago – best decision ever. However, these underwear sound fabulous!
4. Veronica: None w/ shorts, and I recently tried going commando in tights/capris as well. It is apparently a no-go as I sweat like a dude and had a massive case of crack sweat that was embarrassingly visible.
5. Katie: Nay. Commando. Although I had to work up to being comfortable with that.
6. Kim: Nay~BUT would love to try a good pair workout undies that don’t “travel”!
Congrats, congrats. E-mail us at runmother at gmail dot com to claim your undies. Please put "Isis winner" in the subject line and your size and address in the body.