As most of you know, not much goes unshared on Run Like A Mother. My Midwestern mentality sometimes gets a little red-faced when I see that SBS has put up a post about clearing out the system before a run, but the reality is this: after giving birth, when I was poked, prodded and paraded around naked in front of total strangers, my modesty levels have fallen almost as much as my saggy, nursed-out chest has.
In that spirit--and because it's come up on our Facebook page more than once--we want to know: Do you go commando when you run or workout? If not, what kind of undies do you wear?
If you fall into the cover-me category, you'll be psyched that your answer qualifies you to win one of six pairs of super cute Isis Henna Hipsters. These technical undies wick sweat faster than you can produce it, and because they're seamless, they say ix-nay to chafing. If you fall into the commando category, you definitely still want a pair: they're great for hiking, skiing or just taking a stroll with your dog.
So, undies while running: yay or nay?
The seven winners of the six-pack of nuun--and their running goals are--
1. Andrea Lehman: My running goals for 2011-
*to be injury free and to take the time to stretch, ice baths, etc to stay that way.
*run a half marathon in under 2 hours- I am so so close- this will be my 4th
*run my first full in the fall- either marine corp marathon in DC or the Philly full in november
*to always remember the joy of running!!!!
2. Liana Shanes: 1/2 way indeed! My end goal since I started last summer was to run a full marathon by the end of 2011. Having JUST completed the Amica Seattle 1/2 a few weeks ago, I’m HALF WAY THERE with a comittment to Team in Training to be a team mentor for the Nike Women’s 2011 season.
3. Vicky H.: To complete a sprint distance triathlon…then work up to international distance…..a whole new ball game baby!!
4. Kathy S.: I have 2 goals:
1- I’d like to run 3 miles on my due date again. I’ve run all the way through this pregnancy (7 months & counting) and I did the same including 3 miles on my due date with my first son.
2-I’m due March 1st, and I am signing up for an awesome local marathon in October that I’ve done before. I’m not putting an official time goal on it, but I’d be really happy with a sub 4…
5. Denise: My ultimate goal is to run a marathon by the time I’m 50. I started running this year at 44. So far, I’ve done 3 5ks and improved my time on each one, then I had a little setback with an injury. Next year I’ll do a 10k and keep trying to improve my time, and just work up from there. My kids are only 5 and 3, so my most important goal is to get/stay in shape and set a good example for them.
6. Susan Kokesh: 2 goals: to stay injury free, and to break 24 hours at the 100 mile distance.
7. Jacinda: I want to run a half-marathon in less than 2 hours and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight!
Congrats, you soon-to-be-well-hydrated winners! Send us an e-mail at runmother at gmail dot com with Nuun winner in the subject and your address in the e-mail. We'll get those tubes out asap.
If you didn't win and need some nuun, you can get 20% off any order with the code stockingstuffer. Check out the details here.