We believe in full service in AMR headquarters. Every now and again, we like to share some mother runner-related snippets we’ve collected from the vast internet. Use these stories to start a conversation on a run with your BRF, maybe, or to keep you entertained in the school pick-up line.
- An ultra-running mother runner who is determined to find a balance in both. Sample quote: "Every single time I go for a run on my own, I think, 'Gah! I cannot wait to get out of the house!' Then every single time, I very quickly think, 'Aw, I miss my little guy. I cannot wait to get home.’” Who hasn’t been there; got the free t-shirt?
- Just in case you have an ultra marathon itch now, here’s a documentary about five women (including mother runner Magda Boulet) running the Western States 100.
- Would you run alone through Iran?
- "Strength doesn’t look a certain way, it feels a certain way.” And Kelly Roberts a.k.a RunSelfieRepeat was even more badass one month later.
- Moms get real about when they returned to running.
- Friend of AMR Carrie Tollefsen talks about the lack of female track and field reporters.
- What it takes for a team of female runners to beat the Speed Project.
- A Minnesota mom runs marathons on the top and the bottom of the globe. Next time you think your route is rough, remind yourself that these runners had to be on the lookout for polar bears.
- And, lastly, get 20% off anything at the Mother Runner store with code MOTHERLYLOVE. Yup. That discount is good on our new lifestyle tee, too! Pass it along to anyone who might want to get you a Mother’s Day gift or treat yourself!
If you come across a little something that most BAMRs would enjoy, please point 'em out in an email to [email protected].