From: $0.00[NOTE: This listing is for returning members to Many Happy Miles; fill this out ONLY if you are a previous member and will be returning for 2023. If you are new to Many Happy Miles, please head here to register.] So excited to have you join us for another year of Many Happy Miles; we've got such a fabulous year in store! To get registered, here's what you need to do: 1. Choose either a Many Happy Miles tumbler or a Many Happy Miles tech long sleeve from the drop down menu labeled "Many Happy Miles Membership Gift." This will be your FREE gift as a member for 2023. (You can also opt for "none" if you prefer to skip a gift.) 2. If you want both membership gifts, you can purchase the one you didn’t select as your free gift.
3. Know that you'll also receive a Many Happy Miles workout towel for being a returning member and members celebrating their fifth year will receive a Many Happy Miles Race-Ready Kit; they will be shipped with your membership gift and any additional merchandise you purchase. 4. Many Nutritious Miles is a new program for 2023. This program is a separate program from Many Happy Miles; it will have separate materials and private Facebook page. Many Happy Miles members receive an exclusive 20% savings on registration for Many Nutritious Miles. Some fine-ish print; please read carefully: The credit card on your AMR account will be charged $215 for your 2023 Many Happy Miles membership on the program renewal date of January 1, 2023. However, you will be charged immediately for any merchandise, beyond the free gift, that you order from this page. If you need to update your credit card before 1/1/23, please head to My Account < Subscriptions. If you cancel your membership before January 1, 2023, you will not be sent the free membership gift or any other gifts, and will lose access to your Many Happy Miles materials. We can offer a refund for accidental renewals from January 1-5, 2023. Refunds in that period will reflect a $15 deduction for administrative and credit card processing fees. After January 5, no refunds or credits can be granted.Please order your membership gift and purchase additional merchandise before January 6.
Rated 5.00 out of 5From: $610.00BEST FOR: Experienced triathletes taking on the #motherlode of all triathlons: an Ironman PREREQS: The ability swim 500 meters or yards in a pool without touching the bottom or hanging on the edge; being injury-free; Ideally, you have completed an Half-Ironman triathlon—or at least run a marathon—before taking an Ironman, but if you’re starting from scratch, this 36-week plan can help you get to the finish line happy and injury-free. The first week of the plan calls for a 45-minute ride and a 50-minute run; completing those durations shouldn’t be too much of a stretch. NUMBER OF WEEKS: 36
From: $355.00BEST FOR: Beginner to intermediate triathletes ready for a 70.3 (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run) PREREQS: The ability to swim 500 meters or yards in a pool without touching the bottom or hanging on the edge; being injury-free; and ideally, you have completed an Olympic-distance triathlon—or at least run a half marathon NUMBER OF WEEKS: 22
$100.00 – $275.00BEST FOR: Anybody who wants to be part of a team for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. We’ll have a group of proteges: runners who are taking on the marathon distance for the first time—or the first time in a long time—and want a mentor/accountability buddy to help with the training cycle and run with them on race day. And we’ll have a group of mentors: runners who are experienced at the marathon and want to encourage a fellow runner through the training cycle and on race day. PREREQS For Proteges
- You’ll use one of two training programs 26.2: Run/Walk the Distance or 26.2: Go the Distance.
- For 26.2 Run/Walk: You have some run/walk experience, including completing a half marathon or two. Currently, you can run/walk at least 60 minutes straight with your current weekly mileage from 15 – 20 miles. You are injury free and in the habit of strength training twice a week in order to protect against injury.
- For the Run program: You have logged at least 12 months of consistent mileage, and completed a half marathon or two. You should be able to currently run eight miles comfortably and have no injuries.
- You are excited to have a running mentor to guide you and a full team to support you, and plan on being in Indianapolis for race weekend.
- You have run at least marathon in the last year, and have run at least 3 marathons in the past three years.
- You are injury free.
- You have the time and energy to mentor a runner, and plan on being in Indianapolis on race weekend.
BEST FOR: Beginner to intermediate triathletes who want the team spirit and extra features and perks of the Race Like a Mother Program PREREQS: The ability to swim 50 yards in a pool without touching the bottom or hanging on the edge. If you can’t do that but are intent on this plan, enrolling in an adult swim class and/or private lessons is a great idea. For the run and bike portions, being injury-free is necessary. DATES: May 1 - July 22, 2022 (12 weeks) RACE DETAILS: The Forge Triathlon, July 22, 2023 Race Like a Mother is an immersive program that brings out the best in you as an athlete—and incorporates a supportive, in-person team spirit. For twelve weeks, you'll train virtually with a group of like-minded triathletes for The Forge Triathlon, a race designed with beginners in mind. Then, in late July, you'll gather in Lemont, Illinois (<30 miles outside of Chicago) to swim/bike/run and complete a sprint triathlon with the widest smile ever on your face. Please note: In order to make this a successful program, we need a minimum of 25 athletes to register by April 27. If we do not meet our goal, we will offer a full refund. (More details in questions + answers below.)
BEST FOR: Beginner to experienced trail runners who want to train virtually as a group, then meet in person at the beautiful Blue Ridge Trail Races to conquer 15K (9.3 miles), 30K (18.6 miles), or 50K (31 miles). PREREQS For all three distances:
- Ideally, a nearby trail you can train on at least 1x/week (more is better);
- Hilly routes for training (either on the road or trail—or both) and/or access to a treadmill, stadium stairs, parking garage or something else with significant incline;
- The time to commit to the running program AND the strength circuits and weekly yoga.
- An injury-free body—or on your way to being injury-free.
- The appetite and grit to dig into something challenging, fun, and muddy.
- No trail running or race experience necessary.
- For at least six weeks, you've been running 3 times a week, 10-15 miles total.
- No trail running experience necessary.
- For at least 10 weeks, you've been running at least 3 times a week, 15-20 miles total.
- You've run a half marathon (on road or trails) within the last year.
- You've run or raced trails within the past year.
- You have run at least once marathon (road or trail) in the last year.
- You have a current mileage base of 20-25 miles/week for at least 8-10 weeks.
- Your weekly long run is in the 8-10 mile range.
From: $215.00 / year[NOTE: This listing is for new members; register here if you are new to Many Happy Miles in 2023—or if you're rejoining after a break. If you are renewing a current membership, please head here to renew.] Here's how to register: 1. This page automatically adds your new Many Happy Miles membership to your cart; you do not need to select it. 2. Choose either a Many Happy Miles tumbler or a Many Happy Miles tech long sleeve from the drop down menu labeled “Many Happy Miles Membership Gift.” This will be your FREE gift as a member for 2023. (You can also opt for “none” if you prefer to skip a gift.) 2. If you want both membership gifts, you can purchase the one you didn’t select as your free gift.
4. Many Nutritious Miles is a new program for 2023. This program is a separate program from Many Happy Miles; it will have separate materials and private Facebook page. Many Happy Miles members receive an exclusive 20% savings on registration for Many Nutritious Miles.
From: $175.00BEST FOR: Beginner to intermediate triathletes who have their sights set on an Olympic-distance race PREREQS: The ability to swim 100 yards in a pool without touching the bottom or hanging on the edge. It doesn’t have to be pretty. (If you can’t do that but are intent on this plan, enrolling in an adult swim class and/or private lessons is a great idea.) For the run and bike portions, being injury-free is necessary. Ideally, you have completed a sprint triathlon—or at least run a 5K and 10K. NUMBER OF WEEKS: 16
BEST FOR: Runners who want to complete multiple events in one weekend. PREREQS: You’ve been running at least 30–45 minutes 3–4 days of the week for at least 8 weeks. You’re injury-free. You don’t need previous experience running by heart rate, but it is helpful if you have run a half-marathon at some point. NUMBER OF WEEKS: 24
Disney Races are truly magical events. After all, where else can you start under fireworks, kiss Prince Charming, joke around with Phineas and Ferb, and Let It Go with Elsa, then cross a finish line and receive some serious bling?However, two to four finish lines over as many days will not be magical if you are not properly prepared. If you’re slogging through the miles and barely able to muster a smile—let alone a bicep curl—for a shot with Wreck-It-Ralph, your Dopey or Goofy extravaganza will be memorable. Just not for the right reasons. With this 24-week, hands-on program starting on July 24, 2023, we’ve got your back and are laying a white-glove-clad, oversize hand firmly on it. The training plan we’ve created emphasizes both muscular and cardiovascular endurance and time on your feet: keys you’ll need to run every mile with a smile. But it's not all about the running. We'll be sure you're fueling properly for all your long runs. We’ll make sure your hips and glutes, typically the weak spots for most runners, are rock solid. We’ll have some fun too, brainstorming costume ideas and ideas. We'll entertain and educate you with podcasts and newsletters, and, of course, hit race strategies so that you not only enjoy your Dopey or Goofy Challenge, you’ll nearly fly during each mile. The end result? You feel primed and totally ready to run either challenge: The Dopey: 5K, then a 10K, then a half-marathon, then a marathon or the Goofy: a half-marathon then a marathon—no pixie dust required.
Rated 4.50 out of 5From: $150.00BEST FOR: Beginner to intermediate runners who have their sights set on a 50 Mile race, likely on trails. PREREQS: Have completed a 50K within 12 months of starting program; no injuries, or are on your way to being injury-free—and willing to do the PT work you need to do to stay that way; have a nearby trail you can train on at least 1x/week (more is better); a nearby physical therapist who knows your body + your goals and who you can see regularly, especially in the thick of training; a foam rolling routine you will complete regularly (at least 3x a week); enough time to train and recovery properly (time to prepare food + eat well, foam roll, get adequate sleep) NUMBER OF WEEKS: 22
This 22-week 50 Mile program is designed for beginner to intermediate runners who have their sights set on a 50 Mile race, likely on trails. There are five to six weekly runs and two weekly strength circuits that build a strong, capable body + mind so you can go the distance, feeling solid and happy, on race day.
If you don’t meet them but are drooling at the thought of a 50 Miler, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll chat.