First up: We recently worked with Rock My Run, an free app that has a boatload of mixes designed just for running, to created a 2.5 (!) hour long mix of great tunes to keep you grooving and getting through the next mile—and the next one and the next one.
It's just us for mother runners (well, not really, but kind), and it's called #BAMRtunes.
The best part? It's free! Yes, 2.5 hours of (hand-picked by Sarah and Dimity!) motivating songs available on a smart phone, and all you have to do grab them by following these instructions:
1. Go to this page. (Please note: even if you have an account, you need to log in to this page on a laptop or computer to have it show up on your phone.)
2. Create an account (it's free!) or log into your existing account.
3. Click on the "Get This Mix" orange button. (Even though it's a premium mix, you should still be able to access it, no problem.)
4. Download the Download the Rock My Run app on your smart phone, and log in with your account information, and the #BAMRtunes will magically appear.
5. Go run for 2.5 hours! (Kidding. Unless, of course, you've got a long run or race planned for this weekend.)
Once you're done with #BAMRtunes, check out Rock My Run's other mixes...there are tons of 'em, and you can sort by beats per minute, lyrics, and genre on the app, so you can dial in your perfect tunes and pace.
Second on our list: Our next selection for the #BAMRR Book Club is Down Size: 12 Truths for Turning Pants-Splitting Frustration into Pants-Fitting Success by Ted Spiker.
You may already know Ted as author of the Big Guy Blog on Runnersworld.com and Sub-30 5K Club on Facebook; he's a dedicated runner and insightful writer. For his first solo book—he's co-written a library with Dr. Oz and company—he focused on his pear-shaped figure (his words, not mine). Combining his story with perspective from fellow frustrated overweight people, experts and scientific research, Ted weaves together a funny, helpful, enlightening read that is unlike any other diet book I've come across. (I hesitate to call it a "diet" book, but "active lifestyle" book didn't really fit.)
Grab a copy and start reading: we're going to field questions for Ted on Facebook on 11/11 and his podcast will air on 11/15, perfectly timed before the season o' gravy and Hershey Kisses begins.
Thanks and happy listening and reading!