As you may already know from personal experience, swimming is not a sport you can pick up with sheer muscle and determination.
In fact, trying harder to swim faster might actually produce a negative effect: More splashing and thrashing will only exhaust—and frustrate—you, not make you the smooth swimmer you’d like to be.
Truthfully, nearly every swimmer can benefit from an expert coach watching her form in the water and offering feedback. If you’re a beginner, learning and imprinting proper form will make a huge difference in your workouts and performance. If you’re a more advanced swimmer, small technique adjustments will improve your efficiency and speed in the water.
FORM ANALYSIS IS A HELPFUL TOOL FOR SWIMMERS WHO:
○ Are fairly new to swimming;
○ Are intimidated by the swim portion of the triathlon;
○ Finish the swim portion of a triathlon exhausted, and are unable to utilize their fitness on the bike and run;
○ Have neck, shoulder, or other pain while swimming;
○ Want to become more efficient in the water; or
○ Are focused on minimizing the risk of future injury.