Sarah and Amanda converse with Sika Henry who, at age 36, has her sights set on becoming the first professional Black female triathlete in the U.S. Sika shares:
- the story of her first marathon, including calling her bestie to pick her up at Mile 17 (!);
- details about a serious bike accident she had in a May 2019 triathlon–and her subsequent comeback;
- reasons triathlon is dominated by Caucasian men—and what she’s doing to bring Black youth into the sport;
- her recovery and self-care tools, including an innovative “human sound” therapy system; and,
- her next competitive challenge in the absence of organized races.
The mother runners talk about their respective oldest kids + college in the intro chitchat; Sika hops on at 13:56.
When you shop our sponsors, you help AMR.
We appreciate your—and their—support!
Roasts to boast about: Get 20% off a Roaster’s Choice subscription
with code AMR20 at presshousecoffee.com/amr
Hire from the best: Get a $75 credit from the number one jobsite in the world at Indeed.com/amr
A bright idea: Get 20% off your Amazon Smart Lighting Bundle by
going to amazon.com/runner