Sarah and Tish talk to two adventurous women who each completed a FKT (Fastest Known Time), including Liz Anjos, who set a women’s record for doing the Appalachian Trail (AT) from south to north, and Elisa Laverty, who nearly beat her ultrarunner husband’s FKT on the same loop! Live vicariously listening to:
- Liz talk about putting in 18-20 hours per day on the AT, despite developing severe shin splints on Day 3 (of 52!);
- Liz share feeling apprehensive and overwhelmed every morning—and exalted every evening;
- Elisa detail how a summer of riding a gravel bike revived her running mojo;
- Elisa recount covering the final 3.5 miles—and 4,000’ of elevation gain!—of the 43-mile loop; and,
- Elisa encourage everyone to “build an epic route” for themselves.
In the introduction, Sarah details life in smoke-choked Portland. Liz, the first of the two FKT’ers, joins the conversation at 16:01.
When you shop our sponsors, you help AMR.
We appreciate your—and their—support!
Roasts to boast about: Get 20% off a Roaster’s Choice subscription
with code AMR20 at presshousecoffee.com/amr
Prioritize your pleasure: Get a 30-day free trial at DipseaStories.com/amr
Make learning about STEAM fun: Go to kiwico.com/amr and get your first month FREE!