Sarah and Maggie jump into an enlightening conversation with Jennifer Cassetta, a self-defense expert and 3rd-degree black belt in the martial art of Hapkido. In answering questions from the AMR Facebook page, Jenn shares:
- the ABCs of martial arts—and how to deploy them on a run;
- ways to bolster self-confidence and step into your power;
- how intuition (she calls it “internal GPS”) plays a huge role in personal safety;
- pointers on using pepper spray; and,
- how to release your “inner she-beast” when the situation calls for it.
Maggie tells about returning to her beloved Orange Theory Fitness classes, then Jenn joins the show at 17:03.
When you shop our sponsors, you help AMR.
We appreciate your–and their–support!
Look good, run GOODR: Visit goodr.com/amr to check out Sarah’s favorite goodrs—
and get some of your own!
The final step to better running: Visit currex.us and use code AMR15 for 15% off insoles.
Make learning about STEAM fun: Go to kiwico.com/amr and get your first month FREE!