BEST FOR: Beginner to experienced trail runners who want to train virtually as a group, then meet in person at the beautiful Blue Ridge Trail Races to conquer 15K (9.3 miles), 30K (18.6 miles), or 50K (31 miles).
For all three distances:
- Ideally, a nearby trail you can train on at least 1x/week (more is better);
- Hilly routes for training (either on the road or trail—or both) and/or access to a treadmill, stadium stairs, parking garage or something else with significant incline;
- The time to commit to the running program AND the strength circuits and weekly yoga.
- An injury-free body—or on your way to being injury-free.
- The appetite and grit to dig into something challenging, fun, and muddy.
For the 15K:
- No trail running or race experience necessary.
- For at least six weeks, you’ve been running 3 times a week, 10-15 miles total.
For the 30K:
- No trail running experience necessary.
- For at least 10 weeks, you’ve been running at least 3 times a week, 15-20 miles total.
- You’ve run a half marathon (on road or trails) within the last year.
For the 50K:
- You’ve run or raced trails within the past year.
- You have run at least once marathon (road or trail) in the last year.
- You have a current mileage base of 20-25 miles/week for at least 8-10 weeks.
- Your weekly long run is in the 8-10 mile range.
NUMBER OF WEEKS: 15K: 16 weeks; 30K: 16 weeks; 50K: 20 weeks